- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered gelatin (sprinkle over 1 tablespoon water to bloom)
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 2 1/2 ounces sweetened adzuki beans, boiled
- 2 candied chestnuts
- Mint leaves
- Edible gold leaf
- In a saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Cook until sugar has dissolved. Add cream and gelatin and mix until dissolved.
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup of the mixture into a small bowl and sift in matcha powder. Mix well until combined.
- Place a glass in a bowl at an angle so that it's tilted. Pour matcha mixture in and refrigerate until firm.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the remaining mixture into the glass, tilted it so that it goes into the opposite side of the matcha mixture. Refrigerate until firm.
- Combine the remaining mixture with the sweetened adzuki beans and mix well. Pour this into the glass.
- Garnish with candied chestnuts and decorate with mint and gold leaf.