- 4 large eggs, roughly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup water
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- Yellow food coloring
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- Yellow candy melts, melted
- Blue candy melts, melted
- Vegetable shortening, melted
- Black candy melts, melted
- Candy eyeballs
- Combine the eggs and butter in a large bowl.
- Add the water, pudding mix, cake mix and yellow food coloring.
- Divide the batter between a greased and floured twinkie pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool them in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Slice the bottoms off the twinkies to create flat bottoms.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the confectioner's sugar, whipping cream, vanilla extract and marshmallow fluff and beat until well combined.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a large, round tip.
- Stick the piping bag into the bottoms of the twinkies and squeeze to fill the twinkies with filling.
- Add enough melted vegetable shortening to the yellow and blue candy melts until they become a thinner consistency.
- Dunk the twinkies into the yellow candy melts and transfer to a wire rack. Allow the yellow candy melts to harden.
- Dunk the twinkies half way into the blue candy melts. Allow the candy melts to fully harden.
- Place the black candy melts into a piping bag fitted with a small, round piping tip.
- Draw the pocket of the overalls, goggle straps, black dollops for the eyes and hair onto the twinkies.