- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups ricotta
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated, divided
- 10 cannelloni tubes
- 1 can tomato pasta sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch chili flakes
- Splash of red wine
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds then submerge in ice water. Drain and squeeze out as much water as possible by placing into a clean tea towel and wringing out. Chop finely and place into a bowl with the ricotta, nutmeg, lemon zest, black pepper and half the Parmesan. Mix to combine.
- Fill a piping bag or clean plastic bag with the filling and fill each of the cannelloni tubes. Give them a light bang to compact the filling.
- Place the tubes in a baking dish.
- Place the minced garlic clove and chili flakes into the jar of sauce and top with red wine. Mix and pour over the cannelloni. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan then add a good amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the tubes are cooked through then serve sprinkled with fresh basil.