- 1 country white sourdough loaf of bread, whole
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 8 ounces lump crab
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Lemon zest and juice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Carve out the center of the loaf to create a deep well, being careful not to pierce through the bottom. Cut the portion of the bread that was removed into cubes. Place the loaf and cubes onto a foil or parchment-lined sheet tray. (If you wish, you can cut the sides of the bread adjacent to the well into a cross-hatch pattern, or into slices, for easy pull-apart pieces later.) Drizzle the inside well of bread and the cubes or slices with melted butter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crispy. Remove the cubes from the tray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour the dip into the well and return to the oven to bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
- Serve immediately.