4 Cast Iron Appetizers
These 4 cheesy cast iron appetizers will get you invited to any party.
- 3-4 large russet potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Sour Cream
- 1 small Roma tomato
- 2 sliced green onions
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- In a 12-inch cast iron pan, cook bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Pan fry potatoes in bacon fat until brown and crispy. If you prefer to use the baking sheet method, lay potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 450F for 30 - 40 minutes. Flip halfway.
- Clean pan of excess grease. Transfer the potatoes to a cast iron pan, with edges slightly overlapping in a spiral pattern. Top with cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, and bacon. Bake or broil until the cheese is melted. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the potatoes rest for a minute.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, green onions or any topping of choice.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 2 cans biscuit dough (1 can jumbo)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, roughly 28 balls for 28 bombs.
- Marinara sauce for dipping *Optional
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and parmesan.
- Slice biscuit dough in half, flatten.
- Place a mozzarella ball in the center. Pinch the sides around the cheese so it’s completely encased by the dough.
- Place dough balls in a 12-inch cast iron pan. It should fit around 28 balls.
- Brush garlic butter over each ball.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400˚F.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, wait for the pan to cool to touch, then serve.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- 2 ½ cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack Cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 sliced green onions
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner roll, 2 cans
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and hot sauce until smooth.
- Mix in chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, and green onions.
- Unroll cans of dough, separate into triangles. On a 12-inch skillet, arrange the triangles in ring, dough should overlap, leaving around 5 inches (12 ¾ cm) in the center.
- Spoon mixture on each triangle closest to the ring.
- Bring the top of the triangle over the filling and tuck the edges under the bottom layer of dough. Repeat around the ring until the entire filling is enclosed.
- Bake at 375˚F (190˚C) for 35 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices. Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese
- (2) 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups pizza sauce (spoon and cover the top)
- Top with mozzarella
- Top with pepperoni
- In the 12-inch cast iron pan, on low heat, melt cream cheese and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Turn heat off, add mozzarella, parmesan, and Italian seasoning until smooth.
- Spread pizza sauce on top of the mixture. Cover with shredded Mozzarella and top with pepperoni.
- Bake at 450˚F for 15-20 minutes, until the dip is golden.
- Serve warm with bread or crackers.