4 Easy Desserts for Beginners
4 easy desserts you can make with ingredients found at your nearest grocery store!
- 2 cups dulce de leche
- 2 cups cream
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup water
- Popsicle molds
- In a blender, add dulce de leche, cream, cocoa powder, and water. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Insert popsicle sticks into center of the mixture. Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2¼ cups milk
- 1 (14oz) can condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, stir sugar until it becomes caramelized and smooth. Pour into bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a blender, mix eggs, milk, condensed milk, flour, sugar, shredded coconut. Blend until fully incorporated. Add cheese, blend again.
- Pour mixture into bundt pan. Bake 350˚F for 1 hour.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
- 10 Graham Crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (⅓ cup)
- 16-18 milk cookies
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 1½ cup milk
- 3 egg yolks.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups fresh whipped cream
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper.
- Crush graham crackers to a sand-like texture. Combine crumbs with melted butter, then press into pan.
- Line the edges of the pan with the milk cookies and place in the freezer for one hour.
- In a medium saucepan, heat condensed milk, whole milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract and mix until mixture boils. Thicken with cornstarch. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff. Pour condensed milk mixture and fold until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into pan and freeze overnight.
- Make ganache. Heat chocolate with cream, pour over mixture in pan.
- Chill for 1 hour, or until the cake sets.
- 9 Egg Whites
- 9 Egg Yolks
- 9 tablespoons of sugar
- 8 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups strawberries, halved.
- 1½ cups semi sweet chocolate
- 1½ cups cream
- Make the filling: In a large saucepan, heat condensed milk, butter, and heavy cream. When the mixture starts to simmer, thicken with cornstarch. Stir until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, let cook, then refrigerate while you make the cake.
- Make the cake: Line a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add egg yolks, one at a time.
- Add sugar, flour, and cocoa powder. Fold in baking soda, then pour into springform pan.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool, then cut a hole in the center. Scoop out the inside and set aside for later.
- Mix strawberries into chilled filling, then spoon into the center of the cake. Cover the top of the filling with the scooped out cake.
- Make the ganache: Pour hot heavy cream into chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth, then spread ganache over the cake. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour.
- Slice and serve!