- 1 New York steak
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup havarti cheese, grated
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large wheat tortillas
- Sliced green onions, for topping
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat olive oil and add the seasoned steak. Once cooked though and well-browned on both sides, remove from pan and allow to cool before slicing.
- In same pan, add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, lay one tortilla flat into the pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese, followed by the steak and onions. Then, top with additional cheese and other tortilla.
- Cook 2-3 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the tortilla to cook. Carefully flip the tortilla over and repeat until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from pan and slice into quarters before serving. Top with sliced green onions.