- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, ground turkey, sea salt, tomato sauce, and cumin and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until meat is cooked through.
- Add the cooked rice and cilantro to the meat mixture.
- Spoon the meat and rice mixture into each pepper half and place in a square baking dish. Top each with cheese. Spread any remaining mixture around the peppers.
- Place into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bell peppers are cooked through.