- 1 large butternut squash, halved and seeded
- Olive oil, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 to 8 bay leaves
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the butternut squash and drizzle with olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast on the prepared sheet pan for 20 to 25 minutes until the squash is soft and easy to cut.
- Meanwhile, mix the melted butter and maple syrup.
- Remove squash from the oven and cut into 1/8-inch slices, taking care not to cut down through the bottom of the squash.
- Baste with the maple butter and place the bay leaves throughout the cuts.
- Return the squash to the oven and roast for another 40 minutes or so, basting often with the maple butter.
- When soft and golden brown, remove from oven. Serve warm.