- 1 block low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound ground hot Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 3/4-inch cubes. Store in refrigerator while preparing the meatballs.
- In a large bowl, mix sausage, beef, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and egg. Form meatballs with the mixture. Press a mozzarella cube into the center of each and roll the edges of the meatball around it until it’s covered.
- Arrange meatballs in the slow cooker and cover in marinara.
- Cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Serve with pasta or make a meatball sandwich.