Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (28-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 8 to 10 corn tortillas, sliced into strips
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Sour cream
- 1 avocado
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Add onions, garlic and enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove lid and shred chicken breasts. Add tortilla strips, black beans and half the cheese, and mix to combine.
- Top with another layer of cheese and sliced jalapeños.
- Cook on high for 60 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with sour cream, scallions and avocado.