Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place 4 chicken thighs in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour half of the soy mixture over the chicken. Add the other 4 chicken thighs, and pour the rest of the soy mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours. Add carrots and broccoli during the last 30 minutes of cooking time. (For softer carrots, add them in the beginning along with the chicken.)
- Optional: Broil the cooked chicken thighs, skin side up, to brown and crisp the skins, about 3 to 4 minutes.