- 3.5 ounces quinoa, washed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces cheddar, grated
- 2 ounces mozzarella, grated
- Basil, plus extra to serve
- 7 ounces spinach, wilted and drained well
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Lightly grease your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten.
- Add the quinoa, milk and a generous amount of seasoning.
- Add in half of the cheese, a few sprigs of chopped basil and the spinach. Mix well to combine then pour in the slow cooker.
- Arrange the tomato slices evenly over the surface then top with the remaining cheese.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Scatter over some more basil leaves then serve.