- 2 thick slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Butter the slices of bread on both sides.
- Mix the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses together and then sprinkle over one slice of bread. Top with the other slice of buttered bread.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and place the sandwich into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on one side then flip over and cook for 3 minutes on the other side, until the outside is golden and the cheese has melted.