- 1 ½ - 2lb Flap steak, flank steak, skirt steak, or hanger steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ oz fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh parsley (1 bunch)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (1 bunch)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1½ cups olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place steaks in large plastic food storage bag, add ⅓ cup chimichurri and marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Remove steak from refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking, to bring steak to room temperature. Pat dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear the steaks between 3-4 minutes each side. These cuts are best when medium-rare.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet and let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes.
- Slice thin, against the grain. Spoon the chimichurri sauce on top and serve!
- Chop all the ingredients, add to a large bowl and mix well.