- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 large potatoes
- 10 to 12 slices mozzarella, cut into quarters
- 3 1/2 ounces bacon, cut into cubes
- 1 dedo de moça pepper, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Make slices in the potato without going all the way through to the other side, and arrange the potatoes one a baking sheet. Brush with the seasoned butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Arrange mozzarella slices between the potato slices. Top with the bacon cubes and pepper slices.
- Return to the oven for another 30 minutes or until the cheese is au gratin. Serve with chopped parsley.