- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen blackberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- Fresh blackberries, to serve
- Prepare the pancake mix according to the package instructions, and measure 1 cup into a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and heavy cream and use a small whisk to mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Churn in your ice cream maker for 30 minutes, adding the frozen blackberries for the last 1 minute.
- Pour into a square baking tray lined with parchment.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Put the remaining pancake mixture into the fridge.
- Once the ice cream has set, cook the remaining pancake batter.
- Use a cookie cutter just smaller than the pancakes to cut out circles of ice cream, then sandwich between two pancakes.
- Serve immediately, with extra maple syrup and fresh blackberries.