- 21 ounces dessert apples, peeled, quartered and halved
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup pancake batter
- Creme fraiche or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- Heat the sugar in a heavy skillet, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter.
- Arrange the apple quarters on top of the caramel, then pour the pancake mixture on top.
- Put the skillet straight into the hot oven and bake for 10 minutes until the topping is cooked.
- Leave in the dish for 5 minutes before carefully flipping out and serving warm, with creme fraiche or ice cream.