- 2/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dry pancake mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch baking dish with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then add the pancake mix and combine.
- Press into base of the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Use an offset spatula to smooth over the melted chocolate, then sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
- Leave to cool in the tray on a baking rack until the chocolate has set, then slice into squares and serve.