- 2 pounds carrots, washed and greens removed
- 2.5 pounds salt, or enough to cover the veggies completely
- Garlic cloves
- Star anise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a baking dish add 1 cup of salt to cover the bottom of the dish. Add in your seasoning choices and mix them in with the salt.
- Add in the carrots, nestling them into the salt so that they do not touch the bottom of the dish and so that they are not touching any other carrots either.
- Pour the remainder of the salt over the carrots, to cover them completely.
- Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Pull the carrots out of the salt. There might be a salt shell around them; you can just break it open. Using a pastry brush, or even a dry paper towel, brush of all of the salt off of the carrots.
- Serve immediately.