- 10 ounces chocolate chip cookies, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment.
- Put three-fourths of the cookies into a food processor and blitz to a crumb.
- Add the melted butter and process until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth over with the back of a spoon.
- Put the cream cheese, vanilla paste, powdered sugar and eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour on top of the cookie base and use an offset spatula to smooth.
- Break up the remaining cookies and arrange on top, then bake for 40 minutes until set but not firm.
- Cool to room temperature then put into the fridge for 2 hours before slicing into bars.