- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch x 3-inch sticks
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously spray a sheet tray with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water, a pinch of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. In a another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Dip zucchini fries into egg mixture. Shake to remove excess egg, then generously coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer the breaded zucchini to a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 13 minutes. Place under broiler for 1 minute. Remove from oven. Place on platter and serve warm.