- 6 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup M&Ms (+ extra for topping)
- 1 cup each peppermint patties and Mars bars, roughly chopped (+ extra for topping)
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups ice cream with 1 cup of candy, creating 3 flavors. Pour the ice cream into food storage containers lined with plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap onto the surface of the ice cream and place in the freezer until the ice cream is solid, 2-3 hours.
- To make the cookies, combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge until firm, about 1 hour. Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is ¼ inch-thick. Use a 4-inch circle cookie cutter to cut out rounds from the dough, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Cool completely.
- To assemble, chop the remaining M&Ms, peppermint patties and Mars bars into fine pieces.
- Use the same round cookie cutter to cut out rounds in the ice cream. Sandwich the rounds between 2 cookies. Roll the sides of the ice cream sandwiches in the candies that correspond to the ice cream flavor.