- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the toasted nuts, garlic and herbs, and process until minced.
- With the food processor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Add the lemon zest and Pecorino Romano and pulse to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl and set aside.