Fried Cheesesteak Wraps
Cheesesteaks can get messy, so why not take all that beefy, cheesy flavor and toss it in a fried tortilla instead?
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus 6 cups for frying
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pound rib-eye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese, divided
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and cook onions and peppers until soft. Add steak, salt and pepper, and cook through. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in mayonnaise and 1/2 cup shredded provolone.
- On a flat surface, lay out one flour tortilla. Add a slice of provolone cheese and about 1/2 cup of the cheesesteak filling. Wrap tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining canola oil to 350 degrees. Fry wraps until crispy and golden. Top with remaining shredded cheese before serving.