- 2 3/4 cups wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Add the water, 1/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter and mix well. Add the egg, and knead the dough on a flour-dusted surface for approximately 3 minutes, then shape into a ball. Place the dough ball in a bowl, cover with a clean towel, and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, spread with softened butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Roll a slice of dough into a coil and transfer to a greased and floured round baking dish.
- Wrap the other slices around the first coil, forming the giant cinnamon roll shape.
- Allow cinnamon roll to rest for 20 minutes, then bake in a 390-degree oven for 20 minutes.