- For the mini monkey breads:
- 2 (16-ounce) cans buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 small red apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- For assembly:
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 6-inch mini Bundt pans and set aside.
- Separate biscuits and cut them into quarters.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon, and toss the biscuit pieces to coat. Arrange the pieces in the prepared Bundt pans, adding the apple pieces and walnuts as you assemble.
- In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, brown sugar and melted butter. Pour the mixture over the biscuit pieces. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cookie sheet.
- To serve, top each monkey bread with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.