- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus extra to grease the pan
- Caster (superfine) sugar
- Lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the center of the flour and add the eggs then stir to combine.
- Pour the milk and water into the batter, working gradually to avoid a lumpy batter. Stir in the melted butter, then set aside to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, melt some butter in a flat-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Ladle in just enough batter to cover the bottom.
- Let it sit for 1 to 2 minutes, until you can see the top of the pancake starting to set.
- Flip and continue to cook on the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve the pancakes drenched in lemon juice and sprinkled with sugar.