- 2 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 small can of pizza marinara
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mini pepperonis
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For the dough, add the flour, salt and butter to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles wet bread crumbs. Add in the eggs and water and blend until a dough forms.
- Pour the dough out and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to relax.
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface until 1/4-inch thick. With a pizza cutter or knife, cut your pastry into 3x4-inch rectangles. You will need 2 for each pop tart.
- Brush the center of the bottom squares with marinara, add some cheese and then top with a few pepperoni.
- Egg wash the pastry around the edge; this will help the 2 pieces stick together. Fold over the top and press the edges together; use a fork to crimp down the edges.
- Prick the top a few times with a fork to let steam out. Brush the tops with more egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. Optional: in the last 10 minutes, top with more marinara, shredded cheese, and pepperoni. Finish baking until cheese is melted.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE