- For the shrimp:
- 1 pound small to medium-sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- For the cocktail sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh horseradish, finely grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce or hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, add 1/2 cup flour, popcorn, salt and pepper, and pulse until finely ground.
- Coat shrimp with the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Dredge shrimp in beaten eggs followed by popcorn flour mixture. Add shrimp to preheated oil, and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to dry.
- In a small bowl, combine all cocktail sauce ingredients. Serve alongside the popcorn shrimp.