- 6 cups prepared macaroni and cheese, cold
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Heat oil in a high-sided pot over high heat. Test for temperature by placing a wooden utensil in the middle of the pot—if bubbles appear, the oil is ready.
- In a small bowl, combine panko and flour. In a separate bowl, add the beaten eggs.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make balls with the cold mac and cheese. Dip balls first into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs, pressing to coat.
- Add a couple balls at a time to the hot oil, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until evenly golden.
- Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate to cool, then enjoy.