The presentation is key for this pumpkin spice cheesecake with a gingerbread crust and beautiful pumpkin design.
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Tart
- For the base:
- 3 cups ginger cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- Orange food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 9-inch tart pan. Bake until crust is just set, about 10 minutes.
- With a hand mixer on low speed, combine the cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. Beat in pumpkin. Beat in the eggs one at a time, taking care not to incorporate much air into the mixture.
- Remove 1/3 cup of filling, and tint it with the orange food coloring. Remove another 1/3 cup of filling, and tint it with green food coloring.
- Pour remaining, uncolored filling into the crust, and smooth to level.
- Pipe orange pumpkins with green stems all over the surface of the cheesecake. Bake until just set, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature, then freeze for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.