- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 head (8 cloves) garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- Canola oil
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine all wing ingredients, cover, and allow to marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a pan, add the wings and marinade and simmer for about 15- 20 minutes. Remove the wings and transfer to a baking rack. Pat dry slightly, brush with oil, and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until fully cooked and crispy.
- Meanwhile, continue cooking the remaining marinade on low heat, until slightly reduced. In a small sauce pan, combine sauce ingredients and simmer. After 8 minutes, transfer to a dipping bowl.
- To serve, drizzle the reduced adobo sauce over the wings with the coconut dipping sauce on the side.