- 8 to 10 pieces of your favorite cut of chicken, skin on, bone in
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 pound white sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken pieces (skin side up), Brussels sprouts, potatoes, carrots, onion, and lemon slices evenly in the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, thyme, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables, making sure everything is covered. Sprinkle generously with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until the chicken skin is crispy and potatoes are cooked through.