Hot Dogs With "Cheesy" Nachos
- 4 vegan sausages
- 4 hot dog buns
- Ketchup, to serve
- Mustard, to serve
- 1/4 cup crispy onions
- 12 thin gherkin slices
- 2 cups tortilla chips, to serve
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons oat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon Marmite
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Hot Dogs With "Cheesy" Nachos
- Place the sausages on the grill and cook until done.
- Pour the nacho cheese over the tortilla chips and place the cooked sausages in the hot dog buns. Serve with your choice of toppings.
- Boil the carrots and potatoes until tender, then drain. Put them into a food processor or blender with the rest of the cheese ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- 10 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Cooking spray or olive oil for baking
- 1 package pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
- Handful jalapeños
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Wrap the tofu in a clean towel and set something heavy (like a cast-iron skillet) on top to press out liquid for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roughly chop the tofu and add to a food processor along with sea salt, black pepper, chili flakes, fennel seeds, smoked paprika, garlic powder, sugar and liquid smoke. Pulse to combine, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined baking tray. Using slightly damp hands, spread the mixture into an even layer about 1/4 inch thick. Gently brush with oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly dried out. Use a small or medium circular cookie cutter to cut out “pepperonis”.
- Assemble pizzas by rolling out the pizza dough and adding some pizza sauce. Top with the vegan mozzarella then sprinkle with the pepperonis, jalapeños and a few slices of red onion. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the pizza is cooked.
- 10 ounces seitan, cut into thin pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for frying
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl add the seitan, olive oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, place a frying pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add the marinated seitan pieces and cook for about 5 minutes, until brown and slightly crispy.
- Serve the seitan shawarma in flatbread with your choice of toppings, or bring it to the table and let everyone assemble their own!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle paste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 burger buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the vegetable oil, ketchup, smoked paprika, chili flakes, chipotle paste, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place on a baking tray then cover with the barbecue sauce. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool. Using 2 forks, shred the mushrooms, separating larger pieces with your fingers if needed.
- For the slaw, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pile the mushroom mixture between the buns and top with the slaw. Serve with fries and more mayo.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE