- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle paste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 burger buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the vegetable oil, ketchup, smoked paprika, chili flakes, chipotle paste, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place on a baking tray then cover with the barbecue sauce. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool. Using 2 forks, shred the mushrooms, separating larger pieces with your fingers if needed.
- For the slaw, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pile the mushroom mixture between the buns and top with the slaw. Serve with fries and more mayo.