Apple Bourbon Cider
Cozy up to this yummy drink when it gets a little chilly outside.
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1 orange peel
- 1 lemon peel
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 cloves
- 4 allspice berries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (grade B)
- 1 (1-inch) ginger pieces, peeled
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- In a stockpot, combine the cider, orange and lemon peels, apples, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, allspice, maple syrup, ginger and vanilla.
- Bring contents up to a gentle simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes; do not boil.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Stir in the bourbon and serve hot. Cheers with soul. Drink with pleasure!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE