Apple Caramel Tart
Who doesn't love a fruit dessert that is delicious, pretty and topped with ice cream?
- 1 medium apple
- 4 squares puff pastry (cut out from large puff pastry sheet)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cut out the edges of the puff pastry, leaving two corners intact.
- Bring the cut edges over to the other side by pulling it across, giving it a twist for a decorative accent.
- Wash and dry the apple. Cut it into four pieces and cut out the core. Slice thinly.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, pour half the sugar divided into four mounds the same size as your puff pastry squares. Place the pastry squares on top of the sugar. Arrange the apple slices onto the center of each square.
- Sprinkle a little more sugar along with half the butter on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F. There will be some juice that has seeped out from the tarts. Pour this over the top of your tarts.
- Add the rest of the sugar and butter on top.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the bottoms of the tarts have caramelized.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE