- 1/2 cup butter, melted, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- Powdered sugar and additional cardamom for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch skillet with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, maple syrup, cardamom, eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add in the flour, milk, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until smooth and then pour into skillet.
- Top with apple wedges in a circle. Bake for 35 minutes until set, and the apples have softened. Top with powdered sugar and additional cardamom, and serve hot straight from the skillet!