- 1 bone-in pork loin (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely ground fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine rosemary, fennel, garlic, zest, Dijon and garlic in a bowl.
- Holding knife against the bones, cut about 2 inches down to separate meat from the bone to create a pocket, leaving the bottom portion intact. Season inside the pocket with salt and pepper, then add herb mixture spreading evenly inside the pork.
- Tie roast closed with kitchen twine. Sprinkle the outside of pork generously with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill over indirect heat. Cover with lid. Cook until internal temperature is 140°F. Take off grill and let stand for 10 minutes.