These nutritious oats are like apple pie in a jar ... for breakfast.
Apple Cinnamon Walnut Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- In layers, add the oats, almond milk, chia seeds, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, sea salt, apples, and walnuts in a sealable glass container, like a mason jar.
- Place in the fridge overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, top with more diced apple and walnuts, if desired. Can be enjoyed heated or cold.