- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple, peeled and diced (about 1 apple)
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add egg, milk and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Peel and dice the apple and combine with pancake batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cupful batter onto hot pan. Sprinkle each pancake evenly with 2 tablespoons of Streusel mixture. You can press the streusel slightly to stick better to the pancake. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly on top and dry around edges. Turn and cook on the other side until light golden brown around edges about 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, honey, or top with whipped cream.