- 6 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, separated
- 3 cups granola
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cinnamon, lemon juice, nutmeg, apples, salt, granulated sugar and 1/4 cup butter. Mix thoroughly and let marinate for 2 hours.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine remaining melted butter, granola, graham crackers, flour and brown sugar. Stir and set aside.
- When apples are marinated, strain excess juice into granola mixture.
- In a large baking dish, arrange apples in an even layer. Press down if necessary to help even everything out.
- Place granola/graham cracker crust on top of pressed apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, or until sides begin to bubble. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with ice cream!