- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup diced scallions, plus more for garnish
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 8-10 asparagus stalks, halved lengthwise and widthwise, tough ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- In a saucepan, add the broth, soy sauce, scallions, pepper, and Sriracha if using, and bring to a simmer. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch with the cold water and add to the broth, whisking until thick.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then slowly pour into the broth, over the whisk, continually whisking. As soon as the eggs begin to curdle, remove from the heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with scallions.