- 8 Manicotti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 24 Asparagus stalks
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook the manicotti in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly softened, but still very firm to the bite, about 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the manicotti from the pot to an oiled plate and cool.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, pepper and bring mixture to a simmer stirring often.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- Prep the asparagus by removing the woody ends.
- To assemble, ladle some of the sauce on the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Fill each manicotti with 3 spears and then layer in the roasting dish.
- Ladle some more of the sauce over each manicotti and top with a little more parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.