- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, cut lengthwise and into 1/2” thick slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese, about 1 ounce
- 6 slices bacon
- Optional sandwich:
- Thinly sliced french ham, about 1 ounce
- Thinly sliced gruyere cheese, about 1 ounce
- Heat oven to broil.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium heat add bacon slices. Cook, flipping until brown and crispy. Place onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Cut a hole into each piece of bread big enough to fit an avocado slice in the center. In a large ovenproof non-stick skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add bread into the pan and place avocado slices in the center of each. Carefully crack an egg into each avocado circle and season with salt and pepper. Cook until bread is beginning to brown and egg is beginning to cook, about 1-2 minutes.
- Top each slice with ham and cheese. Place into the oven to finish cooking the egg and melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven top two pieces of bread with three pieces of crispy bacon then the remaining slice of bread cheese side down onto the bacon. Cut in half and enjoy!