- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 2 med. ripe avocados, pits removed
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: mixed greens and grape tomatoes
- Remove the ends of the eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch slices. Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with the sea salt and black pepper.
- Grill until golden-brown grill marks form, approx. 3 to 4 minutes per side (inside will be grayish and soft, not white and hard, when done).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the avocado and mash until pureed.
- Add in the cooked chicken, apple, red onion, and lemon juice, and mix well.
- To assemble the sliders, pile the chicken salad onto the bottom eggplant 'bun' and then carefully place the top bun over the salad. Add mixed greens and/or grape tomatoes, as desired.