The perfect sweet treat for avocado lovers who may be tired of plain old avocado toast.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease donut pan with baking spray.
- Mix dry donut ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined, making sure there are no avocado lumps. Add wet to dry, and mix.
- Pour into donut pan and bake for about 22 minutes.
- Make the frosting. Using a mixer, beat avocado and butter until combined and no lumps remain. Beat in vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar slowly and mix until combined, adding more until desired consistency.
- Once donuts are done, remove from oven and let cool. Top with frosting and chocolate sprinkles!