- 6 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 12 tablespoons hummus of your choice
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To make each hummus, empty canned chickpeas into a microwave-safe bowl with their liquid. Add garlic and microwave for 3 minutes. Drain chickpeas and reserve liquid. Pour chickpeas, 1/2 cup reserved liquid and remaining ingredients except the olive oil into a food processor. Turn on and stream in olive oil until smooth.
- To make avocado salad bowls, spoon 1 tablespoon of hummus into each avocado half and garnish with desired sprouts, seeds, spices, flowers and herbs.