- Calabacitas (1 squash and 1 zucchini)
- 1 red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 2 avocados
- 2 ounces salsa
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 ounces toasted pepitas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cut calabacitas into bite-sized pieces. Remove seeds from bell pepper and cut into a large dice.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and veggies. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until slightly softened.
- Remove stem from mushroom and cut into strips.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Allow mushrooms to sear, then flip and sear on the other side. Add more oil if pan begins to look dry.
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out a small part of the centers for the filling. Add calabacitas, pepitas, salsa, chopped onions and grilled mushrooms. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.